January 17, 2019
The District and Council rules for the 2019 Pinewood Derby are available on the Resources page of our website. The only change I noted from last year is that there will be no open division at the Council race for 2019.
For our Pack Pinewood Derby on February 16th, we will have three leagues: Scout (for Scouts only; follows District “Rules of the Road”); Open (open to all scouts, siblings, adults, etc.; follows District Open rules); and Outlaw (cars that do not conform to District rules; this would include Legacy cars – cars built in a previous year). Scout and Open leagues will have a speed race and a looks competition; the Outlaw league will be a speed race only.
The top 6 winners in the Scout Speed and Looks competitions and the top 4 winners in the Open Speed and Looks competitions will go on to the District race on March 9th (See event details in Scoutbook).
The top 3 winners in the Scout Speed and Looks competitions will be awarded trophies at the Blue and Gold Banquet on March 2nd (See event details in Scoutbook).
Just a reminder that Mr. Tom’s woodshop will be available on January 26th from 11am to 3pm for anyone to work on their cars (See event details in Scoutbook).
January 8, 2019
- Popcorn finally arrived late last month. Contact Sunny or your den leader if you have not picked yours up
- Winter Camp In at Cumberland Caverns is this weekend! See event in Scoutbook for details
- Cub Adventure Weekend at Camp Comer has two sessions this year: April 26-28 and May 3-5. See District Events page for more information.
- Training Opportunities and District/Council Events pages have been updated
- Madison Christmas Parade on December 8th (alternate date: December 9). See Scoutbook for details
- Pack 8 Christmas party: December 11th
- Fees for Winter Camp In due at Christmas Party on the 11th.
October 30, 2018
ScoutFest is this weekend!
- Registration begins at 7:30am and the opening flag ceremony is at 8:00am. If you’d like to caravan (or carpool), we will meet at Monrovia Elementary School at 6:30am and will depart by 6:45am.
- If you are camping, wear your Class A uniform for Friday arrival and Sunday morning. Everyone should wear their Class B uniform for Saturday.
The Madison Christmas Parade is on December 8, 2018 at 5:30pm. Our current need is for a trailer and/or driver and truck! Please let Curtis or Jeremy Cash know if you can help!
October 16, 2018
Visit 1bsa.org for more information on the following events:
- Cub Haunted is this weekend! Registration is still available with $20 late fee.
- Rocket Academy this Saturday (Oct. 20) 8a-12p at Aviation Challenge Building.
- PreOrder ScoutFest t-shirts online ($15 each) – deadline is 11:59pm on Oct. 17, 2018
- ScoutFest Registration ($35 per person). Registration closes at 8am on Oct. 22, 2018
Pack 8 upcoming events
- Flag Retirement Ceremony next week (Oct. 23rd) – Class A uniforms please. See event in Scoutbook for details.
- Popcorn money is due next week (Oct. 23rd)
- All dues need to be paid by Oct. 30th.
- Information regarding the Winter Camp In (Jan. 12-13) can be found on the Resources page.
- Go to the Resources page to download an updated calendar. All “TBD” and “TBA” dates through April have been added. Please note a date change for the Dirty Derby and Pinewood Derby: these events will take place on Feb. 15th and 16th (there were conflicts with the school for all other weekends in February)
- BSA membership cards for new and transfer scouts have arrived. If you haven’t picked yours up yet they will be available at the meeting on Oct. 30th.
August 28, 2018
T-shirt inventory is running low.
Uniform Inspection and Pictures will be at the meeting on September 25th. All Class A uniform pieces can be purchased at the Scout Shop at 2211 Drake Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805 or at scoutstuff.org. Download inspection sheets on our Resources page.
August 14, 2018
Reminder: Valid medical forms are required for ALL participants (including parents and siblings)!! Fillable PDF available under Resources.
New scouts: see Jennifer Humphrey to turn in applications and medical forms, pay scout dues, look through the uniform closet, and purchase Pack 8 t-shirts.
New under Resources: Family Talent Survey and Pack 8 FAQ.
July 24, 2018
Pack 8 will be recruiting at the area schools’ orientations this week: Endeavor, Monrovia, Harvest, and Legacy. Encourage your friends to stop by and pick up a flyer!
Reminder: Early bird registration for ScoutFest ends July 31st.
Pack 8’s Open House will be August 7th at 6:30pm at Monrovia Elementary School gym.
Our first den meetings will be August 14th at Monrovia Elementary School.
The Talakto Cub Scout Fishing Rodeo will be held at Brahan Springs Lagoon on September 22, 2018 for new and returning Cub Scouts. Visit the District Events page for details.
July 11, 2018
ScoutFest registration is now open! Go to scoutfest.com to register. Pack 8 will be attending for the day on Saturday, Nov. 3 (since we live so close, we’ll leave the limited camping for those who are traveling from further away).
July 5, 2018
Dates for Cub Scout Safari and Cub Haunted are now available. Got to Upcoming District/Council Events for more information.
May 15, 2018
Our calendar for 2018-2019 is now available! Find it under Resources.
We will be discussing next year’s budget at our June leaders meeting. See Scoutbook for details, or contact a leader if you are interested in attending.
April 18, 2018
CALENDAR CHANGE! The end-of-year Pack party will be May 1st! Check event in Scoutbook for location etc.
Snack stick money and/or unsold sticks are due May 1st (end of year party). Scouts may also collect money for troop donations.
Also on May 1, we will be voting on whether our pack would like to allow girls to join.
Each scout is required to donate 2 hours to helping group sales at Walmart Neighborhood Market. Check your email for a link to the sign-up.
April 10, 2018
Registration for Cub Scout Day Camp is now open. Deadline to register is May 1.
Don’t forget to complete the Pamphlet Requirement with your scout. The pamphlet can be found at the front of the scout handbook or here: Youth Protection Pamphlet
“Downloads” page is now “Resources” Scroll to the bottom for links to helpful websites.