Click on links for more information and/or to register online. Please take note of registration and deposit deadlines. Links will open in a new window or tab.
Talakto District Upcoming Training Handout (updated February 2018)
Youth Protection Training
These courses are required for all new registered leaders and must be retaken every two years to maintain registration. A login is required, but anyone may create a user account and view the courses. Registered members of the BSA may provide their member numbers (as part of the user profile) to receive credit. Go to E-Learning (above) to take this course.
Basic Leader Requirements
These courses are designed to help Scouters learn how to effectively carry out their Scouting roles. In most cases, completing the course will make a Scouter “trained” for the role(s) covered in the course. E-learning versions of some courses may be found in the E-learning section. More information.
Visit Scouting.org’s Training page for more information: Adult Training.
Wilderness First Aid & CPR
When: April 14-15, 2018
Where: Camp Westmoreland
Who: All Scout leaders and any scout over age 16
This is a 2 day course runs from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, bring sack lunch
You can camp the weekend but you must provide all your meals
Any questions contact Mike Russell
University of Scouting
- What: Adult Leader Training
- Who can attend: Every Registered Adult leader and Boy Scouts/ Venture Scouts ages 14 and up
- When: September 29, 2018
- Where: Wallace State University
- Watch www.talakto.org for more information
BALOO & IOLS
No upcoming training at this time
NRA Instructors Training
- Who can attend: Any registered Adult leader
- March 9th is Basic Instructors training
- March 10th is NRA Basic Shotgun Instructors training
- March 11th is NRA Basic Riffle Instructors training
- Where: Camp Comer
- Cost: $130.00 Basic Instructors training, $250.00 Shotgun Instructors training, $205 Riffle Instructors training or $585.00 if sign up for all 3 classes
- More information email Ken Duhram: firstname.lastname@example.org or North Alabama Firearms training at email@example.com or 256-886-7020.