Click on links for more information and/or to register online. Please take note of registration and deposit deadlines. Links will open in a new window or tab.
Youth Protection Training
These courses are required for all new registered leaders and must be retaken every two years to maintain registration. A login is required, but anyone may create a user account and view the courses. Registered members of the BSA may provide their member numbers (as part of the user profile) to receive credit. Go to E-Learning (above) to take this course.
Basic Leader Requirements
These courses are designed to help Scouters learn how to effectively carry out their Scouting roles. In most cases, completing the course will make a Scouter “trained” for the role(s) covered in the course. E-learning versions of some courses may be found in the E-learning section. More information.
Visit Scouting.org’s Training page for more information: Adult Training.
Wilderness First Aid
November 4-5, 2017 at Camp Jackson. Cost: $120, includes meals and course information. Click here for more information.
Multi-District Day of Training
- What will be offered: Cub Leader Specific, Boy Scout Leader Specific, COR Training, Trainer’s Edge, ILST, BALOO, Merit Badge Counselor and anything else we can get arranged…
- Who can attend: Any registered leader & Boy Scouts ages 14 & up
- Where: in Cullman, location TBA
- When: January 27, 2018
- Watch www.talakto.org for more information closer to date
NRA Instructors Training
- Who can attend: Any registered Adult leader
- March 9th is Basic Instructors training
- March 10th is NRA Basic Shotgun Instructors training
- March 11th is NRA Basic Riffle Instructors training
- Where: Camp Comer
- Cost: $130.00 Basic Instructors training, $250.00 Shotgun Instructors training, $205 Riffle Instructors training or $585.00 if sign up for all 3 classes
- More information email Ken Duhram: firstname.lastname@example.org or North Alabama Firearms training at email@example.com or 256-886-7020.
University of Scouting
- What: Adult Leader Training
- Who can attend: Every Registered Adult leader and Boy Scouts/ Venture Scouts ages 14 and up
- When: September 29, 2018
- Where: Wallace State University
- Watch www.talakto.org for more information