Click on links for more information and/or to register online. Please take note of registration and deposit deadlines. Links will open in a new window or tab.
Youth Protection Training
These courses are required for all new registered leaders and must be retaken every two years to maintain registration. A login is required, but anyone may create a user account and view the courses. Registered members of the BSA may provide their member numbers (as part of the user profile) to receive credit. Go to E-Learning (above) to take this course.
**Please note: all leaders must take the updated youth protection training course by September 30, 2018
Basic Leader Requirements
These courses are designed to help Scouters learn how to effectively carry out their Scouting roles. In most cases, completing the course will make a Scouter “trained” for the role(s) covered in the course. E-learning versions of some courses may be found in the E-learning section. More information.
Visit Scouting.org’s Training page for more information: Adult Training.
University of Scouting
September 29th 2018
Wallace State Community College
University of Scouting Registration Will Close On September 19th!
THE DEALINE TO REGISTER FOR UNIVERSITY OF SCOUTING IS FAST APPROACHING! MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THIS AWESOME TRAINING EVENT BEFOE IT’S TOO LATE!
What is the University of Scouting?
The University of Scouting is an annual council-wide training event designed to provide more in-depth study than can be provided in the basic training courses offered for the various leadership positions. This is accomplished with the use of experienced leaders offering a large number of single-topic courses varying in length from one to three hours. The courses are offered in eight distinct colleges and schools.
What is the schedule for the University of Scouting 2018?
7:30 – 9:00 am Registration
8:15 am Opening Ceremony
9:00 – 9:50 am Course Period 1
10:00 – 10:50 am Course Period 2
11:00 – 11:50 am Course Period 3
12:00 – 12:50 pm Course Period 4
1:00 – 1:50 pm Course Period 5
2:00 – 2:50 pm Course Period 6
3:00 – 3:50 pm Course Period 7
4:00 pm Closing Ceremony
Highlights for 2018
• Over 100 unique courses offered to help strengthen your Scouting Program.
• The family program will be available again this year for Cub Scout-age children to spend the day with qualified leaders while you can attend UofS18 classes.
• The cooking classes have a fee to cover the costs of the supplies.
• The lunch program will be like 2017 and you must order a box lunch for pick-up; no additional lunches will be available. But many fast-food restaurants are convenient to the Wallace State campus.
- Weekend 1, April 5-7, 2019 (Camp Comer)
- Weekend 2, April 26-28, 2019 (Camp Westmoreland)
More Information about Wood Badge can be found at: http://www.woodbadgealabama.com
Who: Any registered, fully trained adult Scouter.
For a paper application, click here.